Purpose of the study: The main purpose of this study is to provide a new, macro-level model of strategic staffing to bridge the gap in the knowledge regarding how practices within recruitment and selection systems can work to provide a competitive advantage among various sectors. This study identifies the various methods of recruitment and selection process through a systematic review of literature, which would be the right fit for attracting and selecting employees in an organization.
Design/methodology/approach: Content analysis method is adopted to review the literature and subcategories were formed to analyze the research. Literature was collected from 40 articles of a reputed journal from 2010 to 2018.
Main findings: The review of literature revealed that the recruitment and selection process is carried out in organizations by adopting latest technologies like online portals, outsourcing, job fair, campus interviews, and mobile recruitment applications. The representation of this practice is to find the best candidate for an organization. Besides adopting the latest technology, consideration of the expatriate factor would lead to an effective way of recruitment practices in finding out the right candidate for the right job and thus create a healthier work environment. The expatriate factors have not been considered well in the Indian context, but have been given importance in the global context in the process of recruitment and selection.
Social Implications: Highlighting the significance of various recruitment practices results in the selection of the right person in the right job, which enhances a healthier working environment in organizations, in turn rendering high quality products and services to the society.
Originality of the study: Prior research has studied various factors that influence internal recruitment, external recruitment, and selection process. This study is an attempt to analyze the expatriate factors and other factors through the content analysis method.
- Anna B, Holm. (2012). E-recruitment: Towards an Ubiquitous Recruitment Process and Candidate Relationship Management. Electronic Human Resource Management: Transformation of HRM, Vol.26, Issues: 3, pp. 241-259.
- Annette scherpenzeel., and Vera Toepoel. (2012). Recruiting a probability sample for an online panel: Effects of contact mode, incentives, and information, The Public Opinion Quarterly, Vol. 76, No. 3 ,pp. 470-490
- Chungyalpa., & Wand Karishma,T. (2016), Best Practices and Emerging Trends in Recruitment and Selection. Journal of Entrepreneurship and organization Management, Vol . 5. Issue: 2
- Cornelius, J. König, Eva Jöri., and PatriziaKnüsel. (2011), The Amazing Diversity of Thought: A Qualitative Study on How Human Resource Practitioners Perceive Selection Procedures. Journal of Business and Psychology, Vol. 26, No. 4. pp. 437-452
- Dennis Campbell..(2012) .Employee Selection as a Control System. Journal of Accounting Research, Vol. 50, No. 4. pp. 931-966
- Don Boyd., Hump Lankford., Susanna Loeb., Matthew Ronfeldt., and JimWyckoff. (2010). The Role of Teacher Quality in Retention and Hiring: Using Applications to Transfer to Uncover Preferences of Teachers and Schools. Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, Vol. 30, No. 1. pp. 88-110
- Dr. DilipAher., and Dr. Ghanshyam D, Giri. (2018). A study of Recruitment and Selection process with Special reference to manufacturing industries in Pimpri- chinchwadmidc. Elk Asia pacific journal of human resource management and organizational behavior, Volume 4, Issue 1
- Eunmi Mun. (2010). Sex Typing of Jobs in Hiring: Evidence from Japan. Oxford University Press, Vol. 88, Issues: 5, pp. 1999-2026
- Helen D, Arnold, (2013). The Affordable Care Act and International Recruitment and Migration of Nursing Professionals .Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies, Vol. 20, No. 2 .pp. 1373-1391
- Jasjit Singh., and Ajay Agrawal. (2011). Recruiting for Ideas: How Firms Exploit the Prior Inventions of New Hires. Management Science, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 129-150
- Jed DeVaro., and Hodaka Morita. (2013).Internal Promotion and External Recruitment: a Theoretical and Empirical Analysis. Journal of Labor Economics, Vol. 31, No. 2. pp. 227-269
- Katherine Calogero. (2011). Become A fan of Government Procurement on Facebook: How The Federal government's acquisition workforce can use social networking websites to recruit New Employees. Public Contract Law Journal, Vol. 40, No. 3. pp. 807-828
- Lauren a, River. (2012), Diversity within Reach: Recruitment versus Hiring in Elite Firms. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, Vol. 639, pp. 71-90
- Leonard Bright., and Cole Blease Graham ,Jr.(2015).Why Does Interest in Government Careers Decline Among Public Affairs Graduate Students? .Journal of Public Affairs Education, Vol. 21, No. 4. pp. 575-594
- Lieselotte Blommaert., Marcel Coenders., and Frank van Tubergen. (2014), Discrimination of Arabic-Named Applicants in the Netherlands: An Internet-Based Field Experiment Examining Different Phases in Online Recruitment Procedures. Social Forces, Vol. 92, No. 3 ,pp. 957-982
- Linda Colley.(2011).The Passing of Youth: How Removal of Traditional Youth Recruitment Policies Contributed to the Ageing of Public Service Workforces. Labour History, No. 101.pp. 177-193
- María Fernanda García, Richard, A. Posthuma and Manuel Quiñones. (2010). How Benefit Information and Demographics Influence Employee Recruiting in Mexico. Journal of Business and Psychology, Vol. 25, No. 3 ,pp. 523-531
- Matthew Bidwell. (2011). Paying More to Get Less: The Effects of External Hiring versus Internal Mobility. Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 56, No. 3. pp. 369-407
- Melody E, Valdini., and Christopher Shortell. (2016).Women's Representation in the Highest Court: A Comparative Analysis of the Appointment of Female Justices. Political Research Quarterly, Vol. 69, No. 4. pp. 865-876
- Mir Mohammed Nurul Absar.(2012). Recruitment & Selection Practices in Manufacturing Firms in Bangladesh. Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, Vol. 47, No. 3 .pp. 436-449
- Paul T, Knudson. (2012). Regional Industrial Recruitment in Upstate New York. State & Local Government Review, Vol. 44, No. 1.pp. 21-32
- Samita Sen. (2010). Commercial recruiting and Informal Intermediation: debate over the sardari system in Assam tea plantations, 1860–1900.Modern Asian Studies, Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 3-28
- Shamima Ahmed and Allison Adams. (June 2010). Web Recruiting in Government Organizations: A Case Study of the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Metropolitan Region. Public Performance & Management Review, Vol. 33, No. 4. pp. 653-670
- Shereen Hussein., Jill Manthorpe., and Martin Stevens. (2010). People in Places: A Qualitative Exploration of Recruitment Agencies' Perspectives on the Employment of International Social Workers in the UK. The British Journal of Social Work, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 1000-1016
- Silja K, Bruland., Grete Rusten., and Silja Kristiansen Bruland. (2012). Sourcing strategies, channels and geographies in the International Recruitment of a highly skilled work-force. Erdkunde, Bd. 66, H. 1 .pp. 1-11
- Subhash C, Kundu., and Neha Gahlawat. (2015). Recruitment and Selection Techniques used in Corporate Sector: A Comparative Study of Indian and Multinational Companies. Journal of Organization & Human Behavior, Volume 4, Issue 4
- Sylvie Monchatre., and Peter Hamilton.(2014). Coming to Terms with Diversity: Recruitment between Market Forces and Employee Mobilization. Revue française de sociologie (English Edition), Vol. 55, No. 1.pp. 33-60
- Thomas Hegghammer.(2013).The recruiter's dilemma: Signaling and rebel recruitment tactics. Journal of Peace Research, Vol. 50, No. 1.pp. 3-16
- Tracy M, Kantrowitz., Craig R, Dawson., and Michael S. Fetzer.(2011). Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT): A Faster, Smarter, and More Secure Approach to Pre-Employment Testing .Journal of Business and Psychology, Vol. 26, No. 2. pp. 227-232
- VesaPeltokorpi., and EeroVaara.(2014). Knowledge transfer in multinational corporations: Productive and counterproductive effects of language-sensitive recruitment. Journal of International Business Studies, Vol. 45, No. 5. Special Issue: TheMultifaceted Role of Language in International Business: Unpacking the Forms, Functionsand Features of a Critical Challenge to MNC Theory and Performance,pp. 600-622
- Vipin Nadda., and Pankaj Tyagi. (2017). Effectiveness and Challenges of Recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) in the Indian Hotel Sector. Tourism and Hospitality Management, Volume 12, pp.223 - 234
- Vladimir Hlasny. (2011).Discriminatory Practices at South Korean Firms Quantitative Analysis Based on Job Application Forms .European Journal of East Asian Studies, Vol. 10, No. 1 .pp. 85-113
- Yas A, Alsultanny., Mona F, Alotaibi.(2015). Evaluating the Factors Affecting on Intension to Use of E-Recruitment.. American Journal of Information Science and Computer Engineering Vol. 1, No. 5, 2015, pp. 324-331. http://www.aiscience.org/journal/ajisce
- Yashar Fadhil Mohammed Harky. (2018). The Significance of Recruitment and Selection on Organizational Performance: The Case of Private owned Organizations in Erbil, North of Iraq. International Journal of Contemporary Research and Review, Volume 09,Issue 02