Purpose of the study: The aim of this paper is to boost the knowledge regarding globalization and its impact on international business. International business is a vast range of business activities involving the exchange of goods and services among individuals and businesses across national borders. In conjunction with the galloping of globalization, international business has been a topic among business executives and has drawn the attention of all industries.
Methodology: Data for this study were obtained from existing literatures on the role of globalization and its impact on international business. The methodology relied on existing previous literature on the subject being dealt with.
Findings: Globalization in the international era and the contrasts between countries result in both opportunities and threats to international businesses. Therefore, all business entities need to bear in mind and take notes on any changes in the globalized business environment when executing any adjustment and resolution and in administering current international operations.
Implication: The present study broke down how the various types of globalization affected international business. A firm’s competency to trade goods and services internationally, transfer their production to other countries, and pick up the knowledge from abroad on the efficiency of operation. It has been growing due to the technological advancement, rising earnings, liberalization of cross-border movements and cooperative arrangements among nations.
- Abdullah, A. A. & Islam, R. (2013). Balanced Scored Evaluating of British Tobacco in Malaysia. Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 9(5): 3301-3310.
- Abidin, I. S. Z., Haseeb, M. & Islam, R. (2016b). Regional Integration of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Economic Community: An Analysis of Malaysia – Association of Southeast Asian Nations Exports. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 6(2): 646-652.
- Abidin, I. S. Z., Haseeb, M., Chiat, L. W. & Islam, R. (2016a). Determinants of Malaysia – BRICS Trade Linkages: Gravity Model Approach. Investment Management and Financial Innovation, 13(2): 1-10.
- Alam, F., Siwar, C., Talib, B. & Islam, R. (2011). Impacts on International Migration and Remittances Growth. American Journal of Environmental Sciences, 7(1): 20-25, 2011. ISSN: 1553-345X.
- Al-Homayan, A. M., Shamsudin, F. M. Subramaniam, C. & Islam, R. (2013). Relationship among Job Demand-Resources, Job Stress, Organizational Support and Nurses’ Job Performance. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(9): 294-308.
- ALNasser, A., Yusoff, R. Z. & Islam, R. (2013c). Relationship between Hard Total Quality Management Practices and Organizational Performance in Municipalities. American Journal of Applied Sciences,10(10): 1214-1223.
- Al-Nasser, M., Islam, R. Abidin, I. S. Z., Azam, M. & Prabhakar, A. C. (2015). Analysis of E-service Quality through Online Shopping. Research Journal of Business Management, 9(3): 422-442.
- Al-Nasser, M., Yusoff, R. Z., Islam, R. & AL Nasser, A. (2013a). Cultural Differences Identification and Its Effect on E-service Quality Perception. American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, 5(2): 65-74.
- Al-Nasser, M., Yusoff, R. Z., Islam, R. & AL Nasser, A. (2013b). E-service Quality and its Effect on Consumers’ Perceptions Trust. American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, 5(2): 47-55.
- Al-Nasser, M., Yusoff, R. Z., Islam, R., Abidin, I. S. Z. & Samsudin, S. (2016a). Mediating Effect of E-service Quality Perceptions on Attitude and Trust toward Online Shopping. International Business Management, 10(3): 228-240.
- Al-Nasser, M., Yusoff, R. Z., Islam, R., Abidin, I. S. Z., Othman, Z. & Khan, S. J. M. (2016b). Moderating Impact of Risk on the Relationship between E-service Quality and Trust. Research journal of Applied Sciences, 11(2): 44-53.
- Alshammari, S. D. & Islam, R.(2014). Export Performance Relationship among Malaysian Exporters. Advances in Environmental Biology, 8(7): 2287-2300.
- Boudreaux, D. J. (2008). Globalization. London: Greenwood Press. 156p.
- Chandran, R. (2006). International Business. Jaico Publishing House; 2nd revised edition edition, 396p.
- Cuterela, S. (2012). Supplement Trim IV. Globalization: Definition, Process and Concepts, 137-146.
- Czinkota, M. R., Ronkainen, I. A. & Moffett, M. H. (2011). International Business. United States of America: Courier-Kendallville, Inc. 288p.
- Friedman, M. (1970). International Business Ethics: Focus on China. 257p. Springer Link.
- Hamilton, L. & Webster, P. (2015). The International Business Environment. Third Edition. Oxford University Press. 567p.
- Incekara, A. and Savrul, M. (2012). International Conference on Eurasian Economies. The Effect of Globalization on Foreign Trade and Investment in Eurasian Countries, 23-30. Manas University Press.
- Islam R. & Al-Homayan, A. M. (2013). Impacts of Job Resources on Nurses’ Performance Working in Public Sector Hospitals. American Journal of Applied Sciences, 10(10): 1224-1233.
- Islam, R. & Abdullah, A. A. (2013). Marketing Implications of Consumer Behavior for Supermarket in Kedah, Malaysia.Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 7(6): 479-485, 2013.
- Islam, R. & ALNasser, A. (2013). The Effect of National Culture on Total Quality Management and Organizational Performance. American Journal of Applied Sciences, 10(10): 1191-1200.
- Islam, R. & Siwar, C. (2010). Trade and Environment in the Forestry Sector: Towards Sustainable Forest Management. Asian Journal of Scientific Research, 3(1): 1-17.
- Islam, R. (2012). Analysing of Trade and Environment in the Sustainable Forest Management towards Sustainable Development. Elixir International Journal (Elixir Social Science), 49(2012): 9775-9781.
- Islam, R., Ghani, A. B. A., Abidin, I. S. Z. & Manickam, N. (2017a). Determinants of Factors that Affecting Inflation in Malaysia. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 7(2): 1-11.
- Islam, R., Ghani, A. B. A., Abidin, I. S. Z. & Rayaiappan, J. M. (2017b). Impact on Poverty and Income Inequality in Malaysia’s Economic Growth. Problems and Perspectives in Management, 15(1): 1-9.
- Islam, R., Ghani, A. B. A., Abidin, I. S. Z. & Sundari, A. (2017c). Effects of Minimum Wage Rate towards the Unemployment Rate. Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, 12(1): 207-222.
- Islam, R., Ismail, S. M. & Siwar, C. (2010). Analyzing of Trade Barriers to Timber Trade Policy. American Journal of Environmental Sciences, 6(1): 95-102, 2010
- Islam, R., Siwar, C. & Ismail, S. M. (2013). Impacts of Non-tariff Trade Barriers on Tropical Timber Trade in Malaysia. Elixir International Journal (Elixir Social Science), 58(2013): 15214-15218.
- Khan, S. J. M., Samsudin, S. & Islam, R. (2017). Efficiency on Banking in Southeast Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand. International Journal of Social Economics, 44(12): 2302-2312.
- Manolica, A. & Roman, T. (2013). CES Working Paper. Globalization - Advantages and Disadvantages from the Perspective of the Manufacturer, 747-757.
- Mohammad, A. (2008). The Impact of Globalization on Economic Growth of Pakistan. The Pakistan Development Review, 46(4): 12-14.
- Mrak, M. (2000). Globalization: Trends, Challenges, Opportunities for Countries in Transition. Globalization and the Integration of Industry in the Region, 1-2.
- Naghi, R. I. & Para, I. (2013). The Effects of Globalization on Marketing. Journal of Business Review, 2(3): 168-173.
- Nicholson, M. J. & Breirley, A. (2015). Legal aspects of international business: a Canadian perspective. Third Edition. Toronto, Canada: Emond Montgomery Publications.
- Okoye, H. N. & Nwaigwe, L. C. (2015). International Journal of Business and Management Review. The Impact of Globalization to Business and the World Economy, 17-32.
- Saad, A. M., Islam, R., Noor, M. S. Z., Ali, J. & Zainal, Z. (2016). Consequences of Service Quality in the Insurance Industry: A Case Study on Saudi Arabia Insurance Industry. International Business Management, 10(3): 209-216.
- Sarker, M. S. & Islam, R. (2013). Competitive Market of Air Industry and Competitive Advantages for Customer Satisfaction through Pricing Strategy of Air-Asia. Journal of Applied Sciences Research 9(4): 2505-2512.
- Savrul, M. & Incekara, A. (2015). International conference on Eurasian economies 2015. The Effect of Globalization on International Trade: The Black Sea, 88.
- Schouten, J. W. & McAlexander, J. H. (1993). Market Impact of a Consumption Subculture. Retrieved March 17, 2017, from http://www.acrwebsite.org/search/view-conference-proceedings.aspx?Id=11476. Accessed on 27 April 2018
- Sharma, S. (2004). Academic Forum 22. Impact of Globalization on World Society, 27-38.
- Sheffield, J., Korotayev, A. & Grinin, L. (2013). Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. GLOBALIZATION, 17.
- Simon Reich. (1998). The Helen Kellogg Institute for International Studies. What is Globalization, 260-280.
- The Library of Congress, (2017). Retrieved March 18, 2017, from https://www.loc.gov/rr/business/BERA/issue1/elements.html. Accessed on 27 April 2017
- The red carpet broadcast, (2016). Retrieved March 18, 2017, from http://www.trcb.com/news-and-society/economics/the-5-main-stages-in-the-history-of-globalization-23693.htm. Accessed on 27 April 2017.
- Verbeke, A. (2009). International Business Strategy: Rethinking the Foundations of Global Corporate Success. Cambridge University Press. 516p.
- Wright, R .W. & Ricks, D. A. (1994). Trends in International Business Research: Twenty-Five Years Later. Journal of International Business Studies, 25: 687 – 701.