International Journal of Tourism & Hospitality Reviews [eISSN 2395-7654] aims to publish original research, reviews, case studies, book reviews, scientific commentary, etc. in travel, tourism, shipping, aviation, and hospitality industry, related subjects. IJTHR started publication in 2014.
Journal also encourages cross country, cross disciplines work as well as new and experimental forms of research, replication studies, and failed and negative results as well. IJTHR publishes two issues in a year in January and July.
Five Innovative Ways to Conduct Tourism-based Research in 2023
1. Social Media Analysis: Social media provides a wealth of data on tourist behaviour and preferences. Researchers can use social media platforms, such as Instagram and Twitter, to analyze hashtags, geotags, and user-generated content to gain insights into tourist behaviour and preferences.
2. Virtual Reality Tourism: Virtual reality (VR) technology allows researchers to simulate realistic tourism experiences and study tourist behaviour in a controlled environment. For example, researchers can use VR to study how tourists navigate unfamiliar environments or respond to different stimuli.
3. Mobile Apps: Mobile apps can be used to collect real-time data on tourist behaviour and preferences. Researchers can design mobile apps that allow tourists to check in at different locations, rate their experiences, and provide feedback, which can be used to improve tourism offerings.
4. Big Data Analysis: Big data analysis involves analyzing large datasets to uncover patterns and insights. Researchers can use big data analysis to study tourist behaviour and preferences by analyzing data from travel websites, booking platforms, and other sources.
5. Ethnographic Research: Ethnographic research involves immersing oneself in a particular culture or community to gain insights into their behaviour and beliefs. Researchers can use ethnographic research to study tourism by living with and observing tourists, analyzing their behaviour, and conducting interviews and surveys.
These are just a few innovative ways to conduct tourism-based research. As technology and research methods continue to evolve, there will be many more opportunities to gain insights into tourist behaviour and preferences.
Lend Your Voice to the Debate
Make a lasting contribution to the emerging field of travel, tourism, and hospitality research by submitting your valuable research results to IJTHR. Your opinions and perspectives can shape the future of IJTHR.
MGES Open Access Library
Join MGES Journals' open-access library. The editor will share newly published articles of your subject choice every month.
Vol. 10 No. 2 (2023)
Published: July 9, 2023