Main Article Content
Purpose of Study: This study aims to analyze the level of visibility of low-scale ground coffee agro-industry and determine the role of the government in the development of low-scale ground coffee agro-industry.
Methodology: This research was conducted using a low-scale survey agro-industry method which was applied to a ground coffee centre in one of the provinces in Indonesia. The number of samples is seven low-scale coffee business units. Data analysis used is financial analysis (NPV, IRR, Net B/C ratio, and Payback Period), Break-Even Point analysis, and sensitivity analysis.
Results: The results showed that the low-scale ground coffee agro-industry was profitable and looked to be continued (IRR 99%, NPV 27,883,981.46 to 16,076,282,505.24 and Net B/C of 1.02 to 1.32), the sensitivity analysis showed that the cost of production to the scale of costs decreased, namely the decline in production below 20%.
Application: The creativity of producers in the marketing of processed coffee products and innovation of flavour variants is important for consumer attractiveness in maintaining the stability of agro-industry income.
Novelty: As for the role of the government, the seven production units have received guidance, counselling, and training.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJMIER is SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
- Abebe, G. (2020). Dealing with climate change and other stressors: small-scale coffee farmers in the Fero-two Peasant Association in the Wensho district, southern Ethiopia. GeoJournal, 1-16.
- Al-Abdulkader, A. M., Al-Namazi, A. A., AlTurki, T. A., Al-Khuraish, M. M., & Al-Dakhil, A. I. (2018). Optimizing coffee cultivation and its impact on economic growth and export earnings of the producing countries: The case of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences, 25(4), 776-782.
- https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sjbs.2017.08.016, PMid:29740243 PMCid:PMC5936977
- Azeez, S. A. (2017). Human resource management practices and employee retention: A review of literature. Journal of Economics, Management and Trade, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.9734/JEMT/2017/32997
- Brunerová, A., Haryanto, A., Hasanudin, U., Iryani, D. A., Telaumbanua, M., & Herák, D. (2019). Sustainable management of coffee fruit waste biomass in ecological farming systems at West Lampung, Indonesia. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 345(1), 12007.
- Chen, C., Sun, Y., Lan, Q., & Jiang, F. (2020). Impacts of industrial agglomeration on pollution and ecological efficiency-A spatial econometric analysis based on a big panel dataset of China's 259 cities. Journal of Cleaner Production, 258, 120721. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.120721
- Chien, C.-F., Dou, R., & Fu, W. (2018). Strategic capacity planning for smart production: Decision modeling under demand uncertainty. Applied Soft Computing, 68, 900-909. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.asoc.2017.06.001
- Dai, H.-N., Wang, H., Xu, G., Wan, J., & Imran, M. (2020). Big data analytics for manufacturing internet of things: opportunities, challenges and enabling technologies. Enterprise Information Systems, 14(9-10), 1279-1303. https://doi.org/10.1080/17517575.2019.1633689
- Djamin, Z. (2013). Perencanaan dan Analisa Proyek. FE-UI.
- Fort, T. C., Pierce, J. R., & Schott, P. K. (2018). New perspectives on the decline of US manufacturing employment. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 32(2), 47-72. https://doi.org/10.1257/jep.32.2.47
- Fousekis, P., & Grigoriadis, V. (2017). Joint price dynamics of quality differentiated commodities: copula evidence from coffee varieties. European Review of Agricultural Economics, 44(2), 337-358.
- Krishnan, S. (2017). Sustainable coffee production. In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Environmental Science. https://doi.org/10.1093/acrefore/9780190846626.013.319
- Ma, N. L., Peng, W., Soon, C. F., Hassim, M. F. N., Misbah, S., Rahmat, Z., Yong, W. T. L., & Sonne, C. (2021). Covid-19 pandemic in the lens of food safety and security. Environmental Research, 193, 110405. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2020.110405, PMid:33130165 PMCid:PMC7598367
- Poudel, P. B., Poudel, M. R., Gautam, A., Phuyal, S., Tiwari, C. K., Bashyal, N., & Bashyal, S. (2020). COVID-19 and its global impact on food and agriculture. Journal of Biology and Today's World, 9(5), 221-225.
- Pound, B., & Conroy, C. (2017). The innovation systems approach to agricultural research and development. In Agricultural Systems (pp. 371-405). Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-802070-8.00011-6
- Purbasari, R., Wijaya, C., & Rahayu, N. (2019). Entrepreneurial ecosystem and regional competitive advantage: A case study on the creative economy of Indonesia. Advances in Social Sciences Research Journal, 6(6), 92-110. https://doi.org/10.14738/assrj.66.6652
- Rasul, G., Nepal, A. K., Hussain, A., Maharjan, A., Joshi, S., Lama, A., Gurung, P., Ahmad, F., Mishra, A., & Sharma, E. (2021). Socio-Economic Implications Of Covid-19 Pandemic In South Asia: Emerging Risks And Growing Challenges. Frontiers in Sociology, 6. https://doi.org/10.3389/fsoc.2021.629693, PMid:33869579 PMCid:PMC8022444
- Ślusarczyk, B. (2018). Industry 4.0: Are we ready? Polish Journal of Management Studies, 17.
- Steel, R.G.D. and Torrie, J. . (1993). Principles and Procedures of Statistics (Student Ed). Mc. Grow-Hill Int.