Main Article Content
Nowadays, cities are engaging in Marketing and City Branding to improve their image internationally in order to become more attractive for: tourists, investors, and students. They are trying to create a city brand to manage their reputation and enhance its local, regional and global awareness and position among the other cities.
But however, before they create a city brand, they must identify their attractiveness and know how the outside eye sees them whether a city is looking to rebuild, enhance or reinvigorate this image, and it must comprehend what a city branding means. In this paper, we aim to identify the meaning of city branding, after that we are going to deal with a case study that concerns Setif city.
A quantitative study has been done to know how this city does appear in order to make propositions for it, to create a city brand and manage its image and reputation, but before that, we try to identify its attractiveness to know if it is compatible with that’s perceived image.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJTHR is a Sherpa Romeo Journal.
- Marketing N°129 - 01/03/2009 - Béatrice HERAUD,I love my city/http://www.e-marketing.fr/Marketing-Magazine/Article/I-love-my-city-30732-1.htm
- Kavaratzis, M., & Ashworth, G. J. (2005). City branding: An effective assertion of identity or a transitory marketing trick? DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9663.2005.00482.x
- Kavaratzis, M. (2004). From city marketing to city branding: Towards a theoretical framework for developing city brands. Place Branding, 1(1), 58-73. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.pb.5990005
- Susanna Järvisalo, How to build successful city brands? -Case Munich, Berlin & Hamburg, 2012 Article published in thenewspaperElMoudjahidon17/09/2013 by F. Zoghbi, /http://www.elmoudjahid.com/fr/mobile/ detail-article/id/46538
- Simon Anholt, Competitive Identity: The New Brand Management for Nations, Cities and Regions,© Simon Anholt ,published 2007 by PALGRAVE MACMILLAN,London,p 2.
- Boris Maynadier: Marque de ville, étude des modalités sémiotiques de génération d'une marque par une ville, France, 2009.
- Vincent Gollain : Réussir son marketing territorial en 9 étapes ;Version 1 ; © CDEIF, Paris, Août 2008, p44.
- LALIBERTE M. (2004), À la recherche d’une image de marquee, in http://veilletourisme.ca/2004/07/21/a-la-recherche-dune-image-de-marque/
- Hildreth J.: “The European City Brand Barometer – Revealing which cities get the brands they deserve”. London: Saffron Brand Consultants, 21 p. 2008.