Main Article Content
Purpose of the study: The purpose of the study is to set up a restaurant business in Cox’s Bazar in this Covid-19 scenario with a low budget and providing premium services. People's purchasing power has been decreased due to this situation and they demand to get premium services at cheaper prices.
Methodology: A market analysis has been performed as well as the present situation has been studied. A proper business plan has been setup with the layout of the restaurant.
Main Findings: It has been found that a better amount of profit can be achieved by satisfying the customer with lower price than the present competitors. It also has been observed that combining more than 2 businesses will help to achieve the profit margin in quick time. Customer satisfaction is also high in this type of strategy.
Applications of this study: New entrepreneurs made enough observations to create their new business model which will help them to make this business profitable. This model is an ideal model for a start-up business with a low budget.
Novelty/Originality of this study: As the real-time study has been studied and the real situations have been considered, this study will be helpful for the new entrepreneur.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Authors retain the copyright without restrictions for their published content in this journal. IJSRTM is a SHERPA ROMEO Journal.
- Alonso, A.D., KiatKok, S., Bressan, A., O’shea, M., Sakellarios, N., Koresis, A., Solis, M.A.B., Santoni, L.J. (2020). COVID-19, aftermath, impacts, and hospitality firms: An international perspective. International Journal of Hospitality Management, Volume 91, October 2020, 102654. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102654 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102654
- Prideaux, B., Thompson, M. & Pabel, A. (2020). Lessons from COVID-19 can prepare global tourism for the economic transformation needed to combat climate change. An International Journal of Tourism Space, Place and Environment, Volume 22, 2020, Issue 3. https://doi.org/10.1080/14616688.2020.1762117 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14616688.2020.1762117
- Balla-Elliott, D., Cullen, Z.B., Glaeser,E. L., Luca, M., & Stanton, C.T.(2020). Business Reopening Decisions and Demand Forecasts During the COVID-19 Pandemic. National Bureau of Economic research, WORKING PAPER 27362. https://doi.org/10.3386/w27362 DOI: https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3634162
- Tse, E. C., Olsen, M.D. (1988). The Impact of Strategy And Structure On The Organizational Performance of Restaurant Firms. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, Volume 12, Issue 2, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1177/109634808801200227 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/109634808801200227
- Hao, F., Xiao, Q., Chon, K. (2020). COVID-19 and China’s Hotel Industry: Impacts, a Disaster Management Framework, and Post-Pandemic Agenda. International Journal of Hospitality Management, Volume 90, September 2020, 102636. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102636 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2020.102636
- Jogratnam, G. (2017). How organizational culture influences market orientation and business performance in the restaurant industry. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Volume 31, June 2017, Pages 211-219. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhtm.2017.03.002 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhtm.2017.03.002
- Han, H., Al-ansi, A., Chua, B., Tariq, B., Radic, A.(2020). The Post-Coronavirus World in the International Tourism Industry: Application of the Theory of Planned Behavior to Safer Destination Choices in the Case of US Outbound Tourism. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17186485 DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17186485
- Tourism Scope and Major Tourist Spots. https://www.assignmentpoint.com/arts/modern-civilization/tourism-scope-and-major-tourist-spots-in-bangladesh.html
- Sharma, M., Luthra,S., Joshi, S., & Kumar, A. (2020). Developing a framework for enhancing survivability of sustainable supply chains during and post-COVID-19 pandemic. International Journal of Logistics Research and Application, 26 Aug 2020. https://doi.org/10.1080/13675567.2020.1810213 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13675567.2020.1810213
- Rachinger, M., Rauter, R., Muller, C., Vorraber, C., Schirgi, E. (2019). Digitalization and its influence on business model innovation. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, Volume 30, Issue 8. https://doi.org/10.1108/JMTM-01-2018-0020 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/JMTM-01-2018-0020
- Shaker A. Zahra (2021). International entrepreneurship in the post Covid world, Journal of world business, Volume 56, Issue 1, January 2021, 101143. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2020.101143 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jwb.2020.101143
- Brammer,S., Branicki, L., and Linnenluecke, M.K(2020). COVID-19, Societalization, and the Future of Business in Society. Academy of Management, 30 Nov 2020. https://doi.org/10.5465/amp.2019.0053 DOI: https://doi.org/10.5465/amp.2019.0053
- Nguyen, Q., Nisar, T.M., Knox, D., Prabhakar, G.P. (2018). Understanding customer satisfaction in the UK quick service restaurant industry: The influence of the tangible attributes of perceived service quality, British Food Journal, Vol. 120 No. 6, pp. 1207- 1222. https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-08-2017-0449 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/BFJ-08-2017-0449
- Gao, S., Tang, O., Wang, H., Yin, P. (2018). Identifying competitors through comparative relation mining of online reviews in the restaurant industry. International Journal of Hospitality Management, Volume 71, April 2018, Pages 19-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2017.09.004 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2017.09.004
- Susan Auty (2006). Consumer Choice and Segmentation in the Restaurant Industry. The Service Industries Journal, Pages 324-339. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/02642069200000042
- Marketing of Fish, http://www.fao.org/3/Y2876E/y2876e0i.htm
- Marketing Strategy and Place, https://saylordotorg.github.io/text_small-business-management-in-the-21st-century/s11-07-marketing-strategy-and-place.html
- Tourism Scope and Major Tourist Spots in Bangladesh, https://www.assignmentpoint.com/arts/modern-civilization/tourism-scope-and-major-tourist-spots-in-bangladesh.html
- AMCA Lecture Three Competitive Marketing Strategy, https://www.slideshare.net/AMCAAdvisor/amca-lecture-three-competitive-marketing-strategy
- ezblueprint, https://www.ezblueprint.com/examples.html
- Slide Team, https://www.slideteam.net/operations-strategy-matrix-ppt-slide.html
- Break-Even Analysis – Definition, Formula & Examples, https://cleartax.in/s/break-even-analysis.